Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Centurion Stake Conference

March 18th we attended the Centurion Stake Conference.  The Stake President is President Chatoria who is also the Temple Recorder.  We drove to the conference with other temple missionaries and area office missionaries we knew.

The Centurion Stake is in Pretoria, an area that I served in the last part of my mission many years ago so I was hoping to see if I knew anybody.  The Stake Patriarch was Brother Comrie who retired as the temple recorder last year.  When I introduced myself he immediately remembered my name.  He and his family lived in Pretoria, in fact his father was the district President back then.

The stake conference was held at  university auditorium so that there would be enough seating for everybody.  It was wonderful to see so many saints there, the majority of them being black.  It delighted my heart to see so many there and the spirit of the meeting was wonderful, quite uplifting to say the least.  Jenee and I were both overly impressed with the youth speakers.  It is just amazing to listen to these young black saints speak as they do about the church and their conviction to its truthfulness.

The more I am here and see the progress that has taken place I an convinced that the Lord's kingdom has taken root in black South Africa and is progressing beyond the expectations by many - me being one.

No comments:

Post a Comment